Coed Facilities Improvement
Archbishop Riordan High School made the decision to enroll young women at Riordan in January 2020. We are renovating our facilities to provide comfortable and welcoming spaces (locker rooms, bathrooms, etc.), and improving our athletic-focused spaces so that all students can compete at the highest level and take pride in their school. These upgrades include:
- New men’s and women’s locker rooms and team rooms
- Additional 500 square feet in exercise area
- Modern look and finishes, and new rubber flooring
- New lockers
- Expanded athletics training and treatment facility
- Energy / water efficiency and plumbing upgrades
- New gender neutral bathroom near the weight room with three individual bathrooms and communal sink
- Expand coaches room, with a new single use shower/bathroom combo
- Complete remodel of all four main school bathrooms - two boys and two girls
The importance of a locker room atmosphere to a student athlete is undeniable. They are pregame launching pads, halftime think tanks, and post-game places of solace and celebration. They are a fundamental part of the student-athlete experience.
The new locker rooms will enable the incoming young women to have something for themselves entering a 71- year-old all boys school and will be an important part of building a competitive and quality athletic program for them. Creation of a women's locker room with new lockers, bathrooms, showers, and training rooms is essential and urgent.
To date, $1.22 million has been funded for these projects. If you are interested in supporting this important effort by our school, including naming opportunities, please make a gift by completing the form below or contacting Director of Development Mr. Simon Chiu, firstname.lastname@example.org.