The St. Francis Scholars Program is one of many prestigious academic programs at Riordan, with a focus on leadership, academic development, and college and career prep. Candidates are selected based on their exceptional academic achievement, performance on the High School Placement Test (HSPT), and demonstration of good character and citizenship. Each Scholar receives the following:
- Academic scholarship covering 50% of tuition over four years with maintenance of a 3.5 cumulative GPA.
- Access to AP and Honors academic track.
- Invitation to attend field trips, seminars and other enrichment opportunities.
- Service opportunities in the local Bay Area community.
- Focused college counseling and career prep opportunities.
This is an invitation-only scholarship, though prospective students should indicate their interest with the Director of Admissions Mr. Danny Curtin.
Last year our scholars visited Facebook, met with admissions officers at UC Berkeley, and heard from a US Coast Guard helicopter pilot, a National Securities Fellow, and a cancer researcher at enrichment seminars.
Recent St. Francis Scholars were accepted to Georgetown, Notre Dame, Johns Hopkins, Boston College, Loyola Marymount Univeristy, Northeastern, Saint Mary’s College, Stanford, UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Santa Cruz, University of Michigan, and the University of San Francisco. Two students received Presidential Scholarships to Loyola Marymount and Saint Mary’s, the most prestigious awards offered by these institutions.