Thank you for your interest in Archbishop Riordan High School!
Welcome Class of 2022 and Families!
Acceptance letters will be mailed on Thursday, March 15, 2018. Please note that you must complete the required materials by Friday, March 23 to secure your spot in the Class of 2022.
Please click here to access our online system and submit an application. You will be asked to create a user name and password.
General Application Requirements
The following gives a general overview of what is required to apply to Archbishop Riordan High School’s Class of 2022.
- Online Application: All interested students must complete an online application, including the submission of one essay. The deadline to submit the application is Monday, December 4, 2017.
- Application Fee: This non-refundable fee ($100) must be paid online as part of the online application.
- 7th and 8th Grade Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation: Archbishop Riordan will contact your school for this information after an application has been submitted.
- RSP: For individuals applying for the Resource Specialist Program, additional documentation is required. Families must submit a recent (within three years) psycho-educational evaluation that shows a diagnosis of a mild to moderate learning disability, spectrum disorder, NVLD, ADD/ADHD or any OHI. For the family interview that is required for all applicants, you will meet with a member of our RSP Staff.
- High School Placement Test (HSPT): To be considered for admission, prospective 8th grade students must take the HSPT. The HSPT will be offered at Archbishop Riordan on Saturday, January 13, 2018. The HSPT is for incoming freshmen only, not transfer students.Check-in starts at 7:30 am in the main lobby and the test will begin at 8:00 am. The test will conclude at approximately 11:30 am. Students wth documented learning differences will be done at approximately 1:00 pm.What to bring: Students should bring two #2 pencils. They are also welcome to bring water and a small snack for the short breaks in between sections. Calculators are not allowed.
- Family Interviews: A completed application must be on file in order to schedule the interview. Interviews are required for all applicants and will begin in November 2017. For applicants to the RSP program, you are required to interview with RSP staff.
For students interested in transferring to Riordan mid year (January 2018), please contact the Admissions Office, (415)586-1256.
Non-Discriminatory Policy as to Students
Archbishop Riordan High School, mindful of its mission to be witness to the love of Christ for all, admits student of any race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded to or make available to students at this school. Archbishop Riordan High School does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, and national and/or ethnic origin, age, gender or disability in administration of educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.