Archbishop Riordan High School is an urban Catholic high school for boys, owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco and sponsored by the Society of Mary, the Marianists, who are assisted by lay men and women. It is the responsibility of each educator—teacher, administrator, coach, and staff member— to understand, embrace and model the school’s mission and philosophy, and create a faith-filled and academically rigorous learning environment where students can reach their full potential.
We invite prospective candidates to review the current employment opportunities listed. Please apply using the instructions included in each job description. If you have an interest in teaching subjects other than the ones listed, or coaching a sport or moderating a club, please feel free to include that information in your application.
Please check back for current openings.
ASL Teaching Assistant, Part-time (3/5)
The modern languages department is hiring a part-time, ASL Teaching Assistant for three sections of the
remainder of the 2019-2020 school year.
- Teaching assistant for ASL 1 and ASL 3 at grade levels 9-12
- Collaborating with the ASL teacher in the development, evaluation, and continuous improvement of students
- Consult with the ASL teacher to determine where students may need special help
- Work with individuals or small groups of students, reinforcing instruction as directed by the ASL teacher
- Assist in the administering and scoring a variety of tests according to student performance and behavior
- Provide support to the ASL teacher by setting up work areas, displays and exhibits, operating audio-visual equipment, operating educational training equipment and distributing and collecting paper and supplies
- Perform routine clerical duties; operate classroom and office equipment including computers, copy machines, and other equipment
- Support and maintain classroom policies
- Bachelor’s degree
- Native fluency or equivalent ASL education
- Teaching experience preferred
- Meeting the needs of a wide range of students by providing extra support or varying assignments
- Support teachers’ goals and teaching strategies while reinforcing students’ learning strategies
Additional Skills Preferred
- Experience working directly with students ages 14-18
- Experience working with international students
- Experience working in Residential Life and/or a Boarding School Desire to engage in school community
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience. Archbishop Riordan is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a competitive compensation and benefits package.
To apply, please email your Cover Letter and Resume to: Stacy Goyhenetche firstname.lastname@example.org
Archdiocese of San Francisco Employment Policy
The Archdiocese of San Francisco adheres to the following policy: “All employees of the Archdiocese of San Francisco and Department of Catholic Schools shall be employed without regard to race, color, sex, ethnic or national origin and will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories.” (Administrative Handbook #4111.4)