Archbishop Riordan High School is an urban Catholic high school for boys, owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco and sponsored by the Society of Mary, the Marianists, who are assisted by lay men and women. It is the responsibility of each educator—teacher, administrator, coach, and staff member— to understand, embrace and model the school’s mission and philosophy, and create a faith-filled and academically rigorous learning environment where students can reach their full potential.
We invite prospective candidates to review the current employment opportunities listed. Please apply using the instructions included in each job description. If you have an interest in teaching subjects other than the ones listed, or coaching a sport or moderating a club, please feel free to include that information in your application.
Manager of Human Resources
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The manager of Human Resources reports to the President and Principal.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains employee benefits programs with the Archdiocese (health, pension, LTD, Life) and informs employees of benefits available. Responsible for all Open Enrollment periods for various insurances.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements and maintaining records.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Completes all employee investigations in consultation with the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- Coordinates with the School Administration yearly staff evaluations.
- Represents Archbishop Riordan High School at all Human Resource Manager meetings with the Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- Maintains human resource staff by selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains all files for Shield the Vulnerable
- Maintains all files for the Pull Notice Program
- Maintains all files for TB testing
The candidate must be/have:
- A practicing Catholic in good standing and must have knowledge of Catholic school structure, culture, and issues.
- Respect and understand the need for confidentiality and ethical behavior and abide by those principles.
- Knowledge of school law as it applies to the functions of this position.
- Must have a high energy level and stamina for the demands of this position.
- Education and / or Experience – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. 3-5-year experiences. SHRM certification is also a plus.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
- Reasoning Ability- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Computer Skills- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. This position may be available on a part-time basis.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume, cover letter and two references to:
Attn: Mr. Andrew Currier, President
Archbishop Riordan High School
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Director of Security
Riordan is searching for a qualified individual dedicated to the mission of Catholic education who can also assist in providing security for the facility and the people who live, work, and attend school on campus. Safety is a top priority for the Riordan community, and the Director of Security will report directly to the Principal and be involved in regular administrative meetings.
The following is a list of preliminary expectations for the position and is not intended to be exhaustive:
- Uphold the mission of Archbishop Riordan High School.
- Uphold the Catholic mission and teachings of the Church.
- Provide a current and on-going analysis of school procedures for crisis situations.
- Provide a current and on-going analysis for the traffic flow and traffic/parking behaviors in general in and around the school property.
- Participate in administrative meetings on a regular basis.
- Work collaboratively with Riordan leadership to identify security needs around the school.
- Arrange for a security presence at events outside of the normal school day.
- Work collaboratively with Riordan leadership to develop a list of responsibilities and duties for any security personnel including the Directorship and in addition to any other personnel directly reporting to the Director of Security.
- Participate in the communal life of the school by mentoring students and participating in House System events
- .Maintain a physical presence around the school property.
- Report misbehavior to the Dean of Students
- Keep the principal informed of misconduct or unlawful activity around campus
- Liaise with the City College Police Department to ensure cooperation and coverage for student safety
- Cooperate with the Dean of Students on implementing campus wide safety drills and readiness
- Cooperate with local emergency services for investigations, inspections, and drills.
- Oversee the boarding program’s security needs.
- Manage the custodial staff’s responsibility of locking the school.
- Hire and manage additional security personnel.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Mr. Tim Reardon, Principal
Archbishop Riordan High School
Please indicate “Director of Security” in the subject line.
Interviews will be granted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Archdiocese of San Francisco Employment Policy
The Archdiocese of San Francisco will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.