Tuition and Financial Aid
Riordan understands that the total cost of a college preparatory experience is a significant investment.
Our Financial Aid program is designed to help families bridge the gap between their own financial resources and the cost of a Riordan education. The program is based on need and is funded by endowment and other fundraising efforts.
Decisions regarding financial aid are separate from admission decisions, and are made by a committee after careful review of all information provided in the financial aid application.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Riordan utilizes the services of TADS to help determine a family’s eligibility for financial aid. To begin the application, visit the TADS website.
- Families applying for Financial Aid must submit all information via TADS by January 29, 2021 for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Notifications about financial aid will be mailed with acceptance letters.
- Current families must reapply each year.
- Archbishop Riordan High School is committed to preserving confidentiality throughout the financial aid process. Therefore, the school requires that all recipients of financial aid sign a letter of acceptance and confidentiality agreement.
- Financial aid awards are issued for one school year. Families will be called upon to complete applications annually to substantiate continued need.
- Outside scholarships may be recommended to those students whose profile supports the donors’ criteria, but all will first require a completed TADS online application.
- First priority for financial aid will be given to applicants who have submitted completed applications by deadline. Late or incomplete applications are at risk for full consideration.
|Yearly||One Payment (July)|
|Semi-Annually||Two Payments (July and December)|
|Monthly||10 Payments (July-April)*|
*Must be an auto-debit from a bank account.
Please also note, a $1,000 registration fee is due in May for the upcoming school year.
Archbishop Riordan High School is pleased to partner with the following organizations that provide scholarships to students. Please see the below descriptions for scholarship criteria.
Application Fee: $100
Registration Fee: $1,000
Riordan is a 1:1 iPad school; all students are required to purchase an iPad for academic use during the school day. The majority of textbooks are available electronically.
For additional questions about financial aid, please contact:
Mr. Matt Fochtman
Admissions and Enrollment Coordinator
415-586-8200 ext. 529
Each year we ask new parents to join the Parent Pledge Program, a four-year commitment made by families to bridge the gap between tuition and the actual cost of providing the Riordan experience to each student. The benefit of making a Parent Pledge Program gift instead of paying higher tuition is that this gift is tax deductible.
Our goal is for each family to pledge $12,000 over four years, or $3,000 a year, for each student attending Riordan. Families who receive financial aid are asked to participate by making a pledge commensurate to their financial situation.