The pride of Riordan, the toast of San Francisco
Most students in the bands come to Riordan with no previous musical training, but go on to represent the school as one of the most sought after performers in the Bay Area.
Band represents the best of the high school experience: academic rigor through band classes, performance experience for local and global audiences, and a chance for students to compete and share their musical talents. As the majority of band practices take place during the school day, student musicians are also involved in other areas including athletics and theatre.
The Crusader Band...
- Performs at rallies, football, and basketball games
- Performs at parades and events internationally and locally
- Is a co-ed opportunity with the Color Guard
- Competes in the NCBA (Northern California Bands Association) circuit
- Produces superb musicians (most band members had no prior music experience)
- Enables students to earn scholarships at colleges with nationally-recognized band programs
- Chinese New Year Parade
- Giants World Series Parade
- Hawaiian Invitational
- Disneyland Arts on Stage
- National Independence Day Parade
- Golden State Warriors Halftime Show
- Raider’s Halftime Show
- Super Bowl 50
- America’s Cup
- London New Year’s Day Parade
- Rome New Year’s Day Parade
The Jazz Band performs and competes throughout Northern California. Their schedule includes the Riordan Christmas and Spring concerts, and their talents are highlighted in the Annual Jazz Coffee House in the Fall and Spring.
A co-ed collaboration between Riordan, Mercy SF, and ICA high schools, the Color Guard is a key ensemble of the Marching Band and participates in all major parades, international performances, and competitions. Please contact Mr. Hildebrant if you are a student interested in joining Color Guard.
These percussionists bring the beats! This talented group at Riordan frequently brings home top-place finishes at various competitions during the school year.