About Us :: Employment Opportunities
Archbishop Riordan High School is an urban Catholic high school for boys,
owned by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco and conducted by the
Society of Mary, the Marianists, who are assisted by lay men and women. ARHS
reflects the cultural heritage of the ethnic groups of the City of San Francisco
and its adjacent communities. We respect the integrity of each individual as a
unique human being and welcome students of varying abilities and interests.
ARHS, mindful of its mission to be witnesses to the love of Christ for all,
hires employees of any race, color, and national or ethnic origin to all the
rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made
available to employees of the school. We do not unlawfully discriminate against
employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, or national origin
in our hiring practices.
The administration, faculty and staff of ARHS strive to create an environment
where each student is able to reach his potential. It is the teacher's primary
objective to implement the Characteristics of Marianist Education and to live
the school's mission and philosophy to create a faith-filled and academically
rigorous learning environment.
Archbishop Riordan High School in San Francisco is currently seeking a full-time
receptionist. The hours for this position are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m.
to 3:30 p.m. Duties of this position include excellent writing and communication
skills. Individual must be mature and responsible, and able to work with a wide
variety of people at a busy desk.
- Screen and greet all visitors to the school
- Answer all incoming calls in a pleasant manner and direct them to the appropriate party
- Schedule meetings
- Assist with conference room management
- Order and maintain supplies and other miscellaneous clericals tasks
- Assist in sorting and posting incoming and outgoing mail including FedEx and UPS
- Assist with ordering all front office supplies
- Fax/Scan documents
- File student data
- Organize and maintain the system of student records
- Process all transcripts (utilizing the paper method and the digital Parchment system)
- Proficient with standard office software (Word, Excel and email)
- Two-three years of telephone reception and/or customer service
- Prior experience with multi-line phone systems
- Proficient with Scanner/Copier, postage machine, alphabetizing and filing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of personnel; strong, positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and toggle between several tasks with ease, while maintaining productivity
- Guards the safety and security of student records, ensuring only authorized personnel have access to files
- A minimum of two years of experience working in an administrative role in a professional setting
Hours and Compensation
7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
$15.00 - $16.00 per hour depending on experience
Benefits include paid medical and dental insurance, vacation, and sick time.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to
For information about teaching opportunities, please contact:
Mr. Michael O'Brien
Dean of Curriculum